Getting Started | Best Ways | Tips to Remember
- Michael's Internet Finding Tips: Introduction
- Dispels common myths about searching. Students should be aware of these things before they begin to search for information.
- Recommended Search Strategy: Search With Peripheral Vision
- A handy chart for use in defining the topic before starting to search.
- Basic Search Techniques
- A short list of techniques, developed by MMSD librarians Ron Goral and Joanne Lenburg.
- Basic Search Tips
- A "bare bones" look at techniques for searching online databases.
- Seven (or so) Habits of Highly Effective Searchers
- Helpful hints, excerpted from workshop presentations by Joanne Lenburg and Ron Goral.